Pride Month Resources from UBC Applied Science EDI.I Office
June is Pride Month in Canada and is a time to honour the voices and experiences of 2SLGBTQIA+ people, and draw attention to the issues this community continues to face.
June 2, 2022
Editor’s Note: We've updated last year’s Pride resources to provide new and exciting content. We encourage everyone to:
- 2SLGBTQIA+ and what it means.
- Positive Space Terminology: Ensure you have awareness to engage with others with respect.
- History of Canadian Pride, highlighting milestones in the fight for equal rights.
- Beyond the Binary project at UBC, which aims to address gaps in the awareness and inclusion of Two-Spirit, trans and non-binary community members at UBC.
- UBC Pride Collective: Connect with a safe, supportive, and empowering 2SLGBTQIA+ community at UBC. This student lead group organizes events, provides resources, and creates inclusive spaces. Check out the Collective’s discord to view current events and get involved!
- Positive Space Campaign: Pick up a “Positive Space” sticker from UBC’s Equity and Inclusion Office. Display this logo to raise awareness and visibility of 2SLGBTQIA+ students, faculty, staff, alumni and allies at UBC.
Call to Action
Check back next week for stories surrounding the experiences and contributions of 2SLGBTQIA+ people in STEM as we continue to celebrate and support the work of this community.