COVID-19 information for APSC
This page will be updated as more information and resources become available.
- Undergraduate engineering students
- Graduate students
- Faculty & staff
- UBC information and FAQs
For engineering specific information, please go to the following pages:
- Vancouver campus: FAQs for ESS, Co-op and PD
- Okanagan campus: FAQs for SoE academic advising, Co-op and administrative teams
- Scheduling final oral defence - from Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
- Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Covid-19 related information
- APSC resources for moving your course online
- Updates and FAQs on UBC research activities and grant funding
- Faculty and staff can access resources:
- Guidance for managers and supervisors
- Additional staff information at hr.ubc.ca
- Tips for clear communications during a crisis
- Assisting students in distress
- download the green folder
The University of British Columbia is developing a comprehensive plan for the phased-in resumption of research activities. All planning must be consistent with the guidance and direction of the provincial government, the Provincial Health Officer and public health agencies.
Following the guidelines from the Office of the Vice-President Research & Innovation (VPRI), all researchers will adhere to a single, Faculty-wide plan and approval process for Applied Science.
The overall plan will consider three phases:
- Stage 1: Limited Prioritized Activity phase, with very limited access and strict physical distancing protocols
- Stage 2: Expanded Prioritized Activity phase with potential temporal distancing
- Stage 3: Managed Activity phase, with a closely coordinated physical and temporal distancing plan in place if COVID-19 risk is still present
The plan for Phase 1 has been completed, including an application process for Faculty to apply to return to research. We are encouraging researchers at all career stages to apply.
Please see APSC Return to Research for information on how to apply to return to research, as well as resources on returning back to campus for research.
- General information, latest updates and FAQs at ubc.ca
- Updates and FAQs from the Office of the VP, Research + Innovation
- Updates from research funding agencies through ORS
- Travel guidance
- Recommendations regarding events and large gatherings
- Planning for business continuity during emergencies template
- Mental health support and resources
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to add additional resource links to the page.