Generating solutions to protect regional, national and international resources and environments.
With the goal to ensure sustainable water usage at a global scale, UBC faculty members and water sector professionals are actively developing the knowledge and tools needed to provide and protect water. UBC researchers across the Vancouver and Okanagan campuses work closely with government, industry and international organizations to lead the way in devising innovative solutions to current water challenges. Investigators specialize in a wide range of projects ranging from water use and treatment, to research and protection, environmental engineering, and pollution control and waste management.
- Master of Engineering Leadership in Integrated Water Management
- Fipke Center for Innovative Research
- Malcolm Knapp Forests
- Annacis Wastewater Center
- Clean Energy Research Center
- Coal and Mineral Processing Laboratory
- Sustainability Office (Okanagan)
- Canadian Network for Aquatic Ecosystems Services (CNAES)
- India-Canada Centre for Innovative Multidisciplinary Partnerships to Accelerate Community Transformation and Sustainability (IC-IMPACTS)