VanPlay Smart City Talks: Community + Vision
Imagine Parks and Recreation – What could Vancouver’s parks, public space and recreation opportunities look like in 25 years? How about 100 years?
As the first lecture on our series, we are opening the floor to some of Vancouver's thinkers on the theme of COMMUNITY + VISION:
- Dr Tara Moreau: Associate Director, Sustainability and Community Programs | UBC Botanical Garden
- Jessie Mann: Youth leader at Roundhouse Community Centre
- Aaron Licker: GIS expert on mapping park access/walkability
- Ildiko G. Kovacs: Society for Children and Youth on Parks planning with children
- Andrew Pask: Vancouver Public Space Network
- Rena Soutar: First Nations relationship building and park board initiatives
- Dylan Rawlyk: Stanley Park Ecological Society
- Emily Seider: UBC graduate with a project on park spaces as disaster hubs
A reception will follow the talk.