Applied Science Dean’s Medal of Distinction
The Faculty of Applied Science Dean’s Medal of Distinction was created in 2015 to mark the celebration of the University of British Columbia and Applied Science’s 100th anniversary. The medal serves to recognize individuals who have brought high honour to the Faculty and/or who have made long standing/significant contributions to advance its vision, mission and mandate. This year's medals will be presented at the Applied Science Celebration on April 11, 2019.
Anyone living as of December 1, 2018 who meets the criteria, including alumni, past and present faculty, staff and donors
Dean’s Medal of Distinction winners will have:
- Brought high honour to the Faculty and/or one of its member disciplines and/or
- Made long standing and major contributions to advancing the Faculty’s vision, mission and mandate and/or that of one of its member Schools or departments
- Anyone may nominate a deserving candidate.
- Nomination process will be online
- Information required includes name of nominator, name and contact information of the nominee, nominee’s past or present relationship to the Faculty of Applied Science, brief description of nominee’s outstanding achievements or contributions deserving of recognition.
- Additional information in support of a nomination is permitted, but not essential.
- Deadline for submission: December 14, 2018.
- Decisions will be made by the Dean, Faculty of Applied Science
- The Dean may elect to select a panel and/or consult with others as needed