Applied Science Dean’s Medal of Distinction
The Faculty of Applied Science Dean’s Medal of Distinction was created in 2015 to mark the celebration of the University of British Columbia and Applied Science’s 100th anniversary. The medal serves to recognize individuals who have brought high honour to the Faculty and/or who have made long standing/significant contributions to advance its vision, mission and mandate. This year's medals will be presented at the Applied Science Celebration on April 12, 2018.
Anyone living as of December 1, 2017 who meets the criteria, including alumni, past and present faculty, staff and donors
Dean’s Medal of Distinction winners will have:
- Brought high honour to the Faculty and/or one of its member disciplines and/or
- Made long standing and major contributions to advancing the Faculty’s vision, mission and mandate and/or that of one of its member Schools or departments
- Anyone may nominate a deserving candidate.
- Nomination process will be online
- Information required includes name of nominator, name and contact information of the nominee, nominee’s past or present relationship to the Faculty of Applied Science, brief description of nominee’s outstanding achievements or contributions deserving of recognition.
- Additional information in support of a nomination is permitted, but not essential.
- Deadline for submission: December 15, 2017.
- Decisions will be made by the Dean pro tem, Faculty of Applied Science
- The Dean pro tem may elect to select a panel and/or consult with others as needed
The 2017 APSC Celebration was held on March 30, 2017. You can view the 13 individuals that were honoured here.
In 2016, this medal was bestowed upon 100 distinguished individuals during the Faculty of Applied Science Centennial Celebration. For a complete listing of the Dean’s Medal of Distinction recipients and photos from the 2016 Applied Science Centennial Celebration, visit: 100.apsc.ubc.ca/deans-medal-recipients.